Authorities in Hebei, China, which surrounds Beijing, have imposed a ban on travel and gatherings in the latest move to curb the spread of another coronavirus wave. This comes after the health officials in the area recorded twenty out of twenty-three locally transmitted cases in the mainland country, more than the new infections recorded in the last three days.
Besides that, Hebei province also accounted for as many as forty of sixty-four new asymptomatic infections – the patients infected with the respiratory disease but not showing visible signs of illness. Additionally, a key city of the state, Shijiazhuang, recorded a total of the state’s nineteen cases and forty-one asymptomatic cases.
- Proud Boys Leader Held For Burning Black Lives Matter Flag
- UN General Assembly: US-China Tensions Flare Over Coronavirus
Soon after a sudden surge in local infections, the local officials ramped up countermeasures. In a statement issued on Wednesday, the city’s international airport said that all the passengers wanting to travel must present a coronavirus negative test within the past seventy-hours. The city’s health officials have also ramped up their mass testing, banned public gatherings, public transport, and residential areas have been asked to be the non-resident’s out.
A day earlier, the Asian nation’s total infections, including those from abroad fell from thirty-three to thirty-two, and the officials do not count the asymptomatic cases as confirmed. Meanwhile, the local media also reported that the country’s National Health Commission also visited the city as the government continues to take strict measures in a bid to avoid another wave of the deadly virus that has so far killed more than 1.6 million worldwide.
Moreover, the local authorities in Dalian, Liaoning, have also imposed travel restrictions after the health officials reported a flurry of new coronavirus cases. City and the provisional government routinely impose new restrictions, including closing educational institutes and a travel ban. Also, the customs officials inspect the imported goods to look for any traces of the respiratory disease.
On the other hand, in the last few weeks, the Chinese officials have changed the narrative of where the disease was first recorded, with top authorities citing key medical research suggesting that the pandemic originated in several regions. Plus, Beijing has categorically denied the Trump administration’s accusations of mishandling the outbreak.
In a separate development on Tuesday, the WHO chief also said that he was disappointed on China not letting its team of medical experts to examine the origins of the deadly disease. In response, Hua Chunying, the spokeswoman of the Chinese foreign ministry, said that the only problem was the “issues with visas” of the ten-member board.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com