The attack of Coronavirus continues, and it took a massive shape when 41 more people who were sailing on a cruise ship on the coast of Japan tested positive for coronavirus. With this, the total moves to 61.
The Diamond Princess cruise passengers increased the number of Coronavirus cases in Japan:
There were around 3,700 people who were on board @ Diamond Princess, which is detention in Yokohama for a minimum of two weeks. Serious checking for the virus began when an 80-year-old Hong Kong man, a passenger of the ship last month, tested positive with the virus. He boarded Diamond Princess ship on 20th January in Yokohama and later disembarked on 25 January in Hong Kong.
There was another cruise ship named the World Dream that has been detained in Hong Kong because eight of its former passengers tested positive with Coronavirus.
A sense of relief came when among its 3,600 passengers on board, none tested positive as per the last news. But a passenger of World dream Yu Li, which is mother to two infants, said the most critical thing that was experienced by her was lack of clarity from the end of the local authorities regarding where the passengers of this cruise will be detained.
The latest cases of the Diamond Princess cruise pushed the number of victims of Coronavirus from Japan to 86. With this figure, japan stands second- after China with the highest figure of Coronavirus cases globally.
While speaking to media Katsunobu Kato, the Health Minister of Japan said: “The results of the remaining 171 tests came out and 41 tested positive”. “Today they will be sent to hospitals in several prefectures, and we are now preparing for that.”
Among 41 new cases that were tested positive, 21 belong to Japan, as communicated by Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. As per the latest update till Friday morning, none among those 41 passengers showed any serious sign.
Xi Jinping, a prominent Chinese leader, had a conversation over telephone with President Trump this Friday morning, and they discussed on coronavirus epidemic. In this conversation, he told that the government had made enough effort and mentioned it as “a people’s war,” based on the reports of CCTV, the television network of the state. An official account of this conversation, Mr. Xi made no mention of Chinese grievances on the Trump response to the epidemic. Nothing is mentioned about being the first foreign government which closed down its consulate located in Wuhan, which emerged as the epicenter of Coronavirus outbreak, and gave the order for the evacuation of the diplomats. Mr. Xi communicated to Mr. Trump that efforts made by Beijing for controlling the Coronavirus outbreak were “achieving gradual results.” He further said that “We are fully confident and capable of defeating the epidemic”.
More news on Coronavirus is coming up and will be updated for the reader’s information.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org