FC Barcelona plans to list digital unit on Nasdaq via SPAC -Expansion

fc-barcelona-plans-to-list-digital-unit-on-nasdaq-via-spac-expansion
FC Barcelona plans to list digital unit on Nasdaq via SPAC -Expansion

Spanish soccer club FC Barcelona is reportedly planning to list its digital unit, Barca Media, on the Nasdaq Stock Market. This move would be facilitated through the creation of a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), according to unidentified market sources cited by newspaper Expansion. The plan, which involves Swiss private equity fund Mountain Partners, is still in its early stages, and if it proceeds, the IPO would take place at the end of this year. FC Barcelona would retain an 80% stake in Barca Media, while the SPAC would own the remaining 20%. The unit is estimated to be valued at around 1 billion euros ($1.09 billion).

Barca Media is responsible for managing the soccer club’s online video business and holds the property rights of the FC Barcelona brand on digital platforms and e-sports. However, a spokesperson from FC Barcelona was unable to provide an immediate response to a request for comment. Similarly, Mountain Partners did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Please note that the conversion rate is $1 = 0.9197 euros.

Reporting by Inti Landauro; editing by Jason Neely

Our Standards: The Thomson RushHourDaily Trust Principles.

Have a tip we should know? tips@rhd.news

Most Read

  1. News
    Pandora Papers Financial Leak Shows Us the Secrets of the World’s Rich and Powerful
    3 years ago
  2. Health
    US Supreme Court Rejects J & J TALC Cancer Case Appeal
    3 years ago
  3. Lifestyle
    9 Habits that Drain your Daily Focus and How to Avoid Them
    3 years ago
  4. BUSINESS
    Women’s Demand for Shapewear – the big Trends
    3 years ago
  5. BUSINESS
    Valentino Launches its Cosmetics Line
    3 years ago
  6. Health
    US Promises to Share 60 million Doses of AstraZeneca Vaccines
    3 years ago
  7. Health
    UK Offers Aid Amid Surging COVID-19 Cases in India
    3 years ago
  8. Sports
    Thousands of fans welcome Charlton funeral cortege at Old Trafford
    9 months ago
  9. News
    Brit left fighting for life after train derails in Argentinia
    9 months ago
  10. BUSINESS
    Dubai faces down airline rivals with $50 bln jet orders
    9 months ago
  11. Sunak
    UK’s Sunak brings back Cameron, sacks Braverman
    9 months ago
  12. Sports
    Man United’s Hojlund, Eriksen withdrawn from Denmark team duty
    9 months ago
  13. Health
    Autumn Sneezing Syndrome is on the rise… here’s what you can do
    9 months ago
  14. Canada
    Canada beat Italy to win Billie Jean King Cup for first time
    9 months ago

Follow @rushhourdaily: