College is full of boys, and relationships and almost-relationships that can change a girl’s perception of the dating scene. From the nice guys to the frat stars, collegiate academic males everywhere manage to make a significant mark on the hearts of their female classmates. While some girls need to have a boyfriend in their life, others would prefer to stay single. Why you ask? Well, here are five reasons why being single in college is better.
1) It’s so much easier to meet people when you don’t have a boyfriend attached to your hip at all times. All those nights you stayed in with your boyfriend, watching a movie or snuggling, you could have been out interacting with people that you didn’t already know. You can never have too many friends, and college is about breaking the mold and branching out.
2) The best thing about being single is that you don’t spend all your money on him. Blowing $100 plus on a Christmas and birthday presents is stressful, especially when you’re living off a broke college student budget. So stay single, and save all that cash.
3) Going out on the weekends is so much better. Without a boyfriend you don’t have to be checking your phone every five minutes. You can do whatever you want to do without having to worry about how it’s going to affect someone else.
4) People are constantly changing in college and gaining new outlooks and perspectives on life. It can be hard to see your significant other (or vice versa) changing into someone different from who he used to be. While it’s possible to grow and develop together, it’s truly hard to find out about yourself if you are constantly being compared to who you used to be (by him).
5) College is all about finding yourself, and experiencing the freedom to make your own choices. Hanging out with your friends and going to parties on the weekends is something that should be fun, not stressful. Nothing’s worse than having to check back in with your significant other every so often, because you’re constantly concerned what he’s doing that night. So live it up in college. If you’re in a relationship that’s bringing you more worry and anxiety than love, then you may want to try and be single for a little while. Being single doesn’t mean that you’re alone, it means your independent and can find happiness on your own.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com