Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said on Friday that Tehran will son present a constructive plan of action. It comes after the European sources said that Iran gave positive signs about opening a formal dialogue about its nuclear program. Zarif took to Twitter and said he will present the plan through proper diplomatic channels.
On Thursday, Reuters quoted European and French sources, reporting that the Iranian regime had given encouraging signals in recent days after the European powers scrapped their plans to criticize Iran at United Nations’ nuclear watchdog meeting.
- Iran Nuclear Deal: Javad Zarif Proposes Coordinated Return To Pact With US
- US Says Ready For Talks With Iran To Revive Nuclear Deal
So far, Tehran has categorically refused to take part in any negotiations brokered by the European powers between the US and global powers on reviving the historic 2015 Iran Nuclear Deal. Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei decides the country’s nuclear policy, and not the Prime Minister or President.
Even though the newly-elected Biden administration and Iran have emerged from Trump’s attempt to wreck the deal, the two nations are still locked in a standoff over who should make the first move. In 2018, the former US President Trump unilaterally withdrew from the nuclear pact and reimposed sanctions on Tehran that ultimately resulting in Iran breaching its commitments under the deal.
On Thursday, Germany, France, and Britain decided to pause the submission of a resolution critical of the incumbent Iranian regime at IAEA to not harm the prospects of democracy, after they claimed that concession had been gained from Tehran to deal with outstanding issues.
Since Trump withdrew from the pact in 2018, the nuclear deal has been unraveling. On the other hand, the Biden administration has expressed its willingness to return to talks with Tehran to revive the historic deal brokered by President Obama – under whom Biden served as Vice President.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com