A Romanian woman was injected with snake venom by a local clinic, and was not aware of what they had placed in her face until it was too late.
Many of us are familiar with people injecting themselves with Botox in order to keep their skin from looking wrinkled and older. Racula Crisan, 38, went to a clinic were she received shots of what she thought were Botox, below her eyes and in her lips. After about an hour of leaving the facility she noticed unusual swelling in her face, she also reported that her face was paralyzed for almost a year.
“My face was paralyzed for about eight months to one year,” Crisan expresses to CEN. “My lacrimal glands [the ones that make tears] were paralyzed, and I had to permanently use pharmaceutical drops. I could not use any facial muscles: I couldn’t laugh, I couldn’t cry. It was terrible.”
It has been reported that snake venom can indeed help anti aging, and work similar to Botox, but the difference is it needs to be made into a cream or applied on the skin’s surface; it should never be injected into someone.
She was originally recommended by plastic surgeon Adrian Oancea who advised her to go to the clinic. Since the event she has taken Oancea to court claiming, “When he testified, he said he did not actually know what it was that he gave me because he’d ordered it from a Chinese supplier— and the writing was all in Chinese.”
It has been two years since the incident and Crisan is now able to feel and have control over 70 percent of her face again thanks to a series of intensive medical treatment.
Oancea was suspended from the hospital he was working at, but is currently seeing patients privately.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org