Yemen Military Strike Failed Original Intention

According to emerging information, the Jan. 29 U.S. military raid in Yemen was not, perhaps, as successful as originally thought.

Initially, the attack appeared purposeful and slightly successful, as the military reported 14 Al-Qaeda terrorists were killed. This first President Trump-led counterterrorism attack included the death of Al-Qaeda senior leader Abdulraoof al-Dhahab. Despite the additional death of a U.S. Navy SEAL, the military stated there were no unintentional kills, including civilians. However, new information shows a different story.

It was an uninformed decision to strike

Although the military’s Joint Special Operations Command planned the Yemen invasion while former President Barack Obama was in office, they did not move forward with the mission for a reason. Three senior officials explained there was much debate over the idea. According to them, the Obama administration considered the value of possible information obtained versus the risk of the raid. Ultimately, the former administration did not move forward, as they did not have enough information.

During his second week in office, President Donald Trump decided to move forward, despite no new information. Additionally, U.S. military officials told RushHourDaily that the operation did not have enough intelligence, ground support, or backup operations.

After the raid, Trump’s initial statement was that it was “successful,” as they captured “information that will likely provide insight” into future terror plots.

Despite this “success,” military and intelligence officials told NBC on Feb. 6 that the raid did not achieve its purpose. According to the officials, the raid was intended for the death of Al-Qaeda recruiter Qassim al-Rimi. As it turns out, al-Rimi was not even in the area during the attack.

Afterward, the sought-after terrorist taunted President Trump after the attack failed its mission. He posted a video of him laughing at the mistake.

“The fool of the White House got slapped at the beginning of his road in your lands,” he said.

Civilians killed in attack

New reports indicate there were civilian casualties in the raid, possibly as many as two dozen. This number includes women and children.

One local witness claims warplanes bombed several houses in the village around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29.

Another witness, a Yemeni government official, said at least eight women and seven children were killed. The children are believed to have been between ages 3 and 13. Additionally, one of the terrorist’s daughter is believed to be one of the casualties.

Other accounts of the attack indicate that a school, health facility, and mosque are among the damaged buildings.

Although this is not the first attack in the area, the military previously struck with broader intelligence of the situation. Previous raids included the rescue of eight hostages and an attempt to rescue U.S. photojournalist Luke Somers.

About News Team

Hi, I'm Alex Perez, an experienced writer with a focus on lifestyle and culture news. From food and fashion to travel and entertainment, I love exploring the latest trends and sharing my insights with readers. I also have a strong interest in world news and business, and enjoy covering breaking stories and events.

Have a tip we should know? tips@rhd.news

Uncategorized

Most Read

  1. News
    Pandora Papers Financial Leak Shows Us the Secrets of the World’s Rich and Powerful
    3 years ago
  2. Health
    US Supreme Court Rejects J & J TALC Cancer Case Appeal
    3 years ago
  3. Lifestyle
    9 Habits that Drain your Daily Focus and How to Avoid Them
    3 years ago
  4. BUSINESS
    Women’s Demand for Shapewear – the big Trends
    3 years ago
  5. BUSINESS
    Valentino Launches its Cosmetics Line
    3 years ago
  6. Health
    US Promises to Share 60 million Doses of AstraZeneca Vaccines
    3 years ago
  7. Health
    UK Offers Aid Amid Surging COVID-19 Cases in India
    3 years ago
  8. Sports
    Thousands of fans welcome Charlton funeral cortege at Old Trafford
    8 months ago
  9. News
    Brit left fighting for life after train derails in Argentinia
    8 months ago
  10. BUSINESS
    Dubai faces down airline rivals with $50 bln jet orders
    8 months ago
  11. Sunak
    UK’s Sunak brings back Cameron, sacks Braverman
    8 months ago
  12. Sports
    Man United’s Hojlund, Eriksen withdrawn from Denmark team duty
    8 months ago
  13. Health
    Autumn Sneezing Syndrome is on the rise… here’s what you can do
    8 months ago
  14. Canada
    Canada beat Italy to win Billie Jean King Cup for first time
    8 months ago

Follow @rushhourdaily: