A man tried to kill a spider with fire but accidentally burned his West Seattle home on Tuesday night, July 15.
The man used a lighter and a can of spray paint to kill the eight-legged bug in his laundry room at about 8:30 p.m. The Telegraph reported that the sparks caught the material behind the cladding and set off a fire within the walls.
According to Komo News, firefighters tried to put out the fire from a distance because they learned that there might be ammunition in the house. They were eventually able to stop the blaze, but the house was already damaged.
Time said the re-construction fee would cost around $40,000, and replacing the items inside would cost about $20,000. It also jokingly warned people to never use fire to kill bugs because you would never know if the bug had been killed while your home was being burned down.
Author: Cho KwanLi
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org