Family dynamic is an interesting thing. The ups and downs can be difficult, and sometimes it’s hard to remember how much you appreciate your loved ones (especially when they eat the last of your cereal). Your family however will always be there for you, whether your fighting with a friend or going through a breakup, your family stays static, always in the background in case you suddenly need them. With this being said, the one person every girl needs in her life is her mom (even if she may not realize it now). A mom is the family member that a daughter will always turn to first, and here’s why.
1. You’re mom truly cares about everything you do. While your best friend may act interested in your speculations about which problems you got wrong on our geology test, your mom is truly intrigued and loves knowing random details about your life.
2) Your mom will do little things for you that no one else would ever do. Begging your roommate to help you fold your laundry will never work, but your mom will gladly help you.
3) Your mom will always be on your side. Whether it’s a huge blow out fight with your best friend, or an issue with a professor or coworker, your mom will always listen to you vent (give you her honest opinion), and then wholeheartedly agree with you.
4) She’ll honestly tell you if she hates your outfit (whether wanted or not). Your mom isn’t afraid to be honest with you, so if your butt looks saggy in those $150 jeans you’re considering buying she’ll be the first to tell you.
5) She is the only person you can complain to endlessly. While venting to your friends can help you get a load off your chest, at some point the positivity needs to kick in. No one likes a constant complainer, but sharing your tribulations with your mom for an hour straight is acceptable. At no point will she start ignoring you (just don’t go overboard).
6) Your mom truly thinks you are the best looking person around. If you’re ever feeling down about youself just call up your mom. She’ll console you with phrases like, “Are you kidding? You are so beautiful?” or the classic “I wish I had your body (or hair or height etc.) when I was your age.”
7) Finally, your mom loves you. No matter what your going through she’ll always be there for you. So appreciate everything she does (even if you do think she’s a little crazy sometimes). She’s your biggest advocate, even when it doesn’t seem like it.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com